Now Hiring: Kauai Project Assistant
Shioi Construction is seeking a Project Assistant for its Kauai office. Shioi Construction, Inc.'s benefits include full medical-dental-vision coverage, PTO, GCA holidays, as well as ESOP and 401K plan. To apply or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary function of a Project Assistant (PA) is to assist in general administrative duties to support the project operations, under the direction of a project management team. Primary duties such as process of daily correspondence and produce contracts and purchase orders for Project Manager or Project Engineer. Organize and maintain database ad document control for the project The PA ensures all communication is distributed to the proper personnel of the project team as well as maintaining a detailed tracking system for submittals, RFI, contracts, PO contracts, contact logs, purchase order logs, etc. PA must have strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and other products) and software programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assistance with project start-up including obtaining prime contract, permit applications, submission for project utilities, insurance/bonding requirement documents (track renewal dates), coordinate job filing system, and other administrative processes for the project.
- Assist in document control from the initial start-up of the project to the final completion of close out for the project. Keep and maintain record set drawing, specifications and addendums or other pertinent revisions plans. Ensure all original contract or legal documents are preserved and systematized for central filing. Maintain the legal storage of filing system.
- Support Project Team in routing and distributing of project correspondence such as submittals, RFI, change proposals, daily reports, timesheets, etc. Track related logs to ensure prompt and through processing. Maintain a revision log for drawings and specifications.
- Assist PM or PE in various project meetings including meeting minutes; OAC, Subcontractor, Safety, Suppliers and Field Operations Meetings. Organize location, agenda and set up teleconference if needed.
- Assist the project team in calling subcontractors for required documents, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, preparing reports for the PE or PM, following up on deliveries, ordering or scheduling onsite vendors or suppliers.
- Working with a wide range of groups such as; Owners, Architects, Construction Management Firms, field workers, suppliers, delivery companies, etc. Must have strong communication skills to work with a diverse range of people.
- General Office Support: Meet/Greet visitors coming into office; Answer incoming calls; Daily office errands; Recurring miscellaneous items (airport pick up & drop off, fuel vehicles); Freight pick up and log; Distribute Work in Progress monthly reports; and Assist in hiring processes as needed
- High school diploma, degree in business (plus but not required) or at least three (3) years of relevant office experience. Construction experience preferred, however not required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of administrative duties; telephone systems, Microsoft Office and office equipment
- Ability to work in an onsite or off site office environment.
- Ability to work in groups or independently, within a diverse workforce. Including ability to follow all company policies and procedures
- Ability to pass a background check (driving record, etc.) and company drug testing policy